Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sitting Up

Last week (September 1) Eliana started sitting up on her own. It was so fun to watch because a week earlier we went to a Mobility class (hosted by a lovely Pediatric OT) and the OT's recommendation was to put a stool in front of Eliana so she could look up at the toys and be more motivated to grab them, since all she wanted to do was look down at her toes and figure out how to get them in her mouth. Well, one morning when Daddy was watching Elle Belle, he ingeniously turned the Bumbo seat over and put her toys in it, making the perfect height toy box. Within a day, she was sitting up on her own and when I told the OT that, she said, "I'm going to have to steal that one!" Good idea, Daddy and good work, Elle Belle!

I'm doing it - I can sit up now!
Practice makes perfect

Thanks, Auntie Amy, for my pumpkin sleeper. It's perfect since my nickname is 'pumpkin'!


Landing safely on the Boppy



Dad's Bumbo toy box idea









Using the stool for sit up time





Relaxin' in her Lazy Boy (aka the Boppy)


Practice makes perfect

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment