Thursday, September 16, 2021

Looooong time and here we are! Drew is in Kindergarten and we are in Colorado

 Well, since I've taken a break from social media, I'd still love to document kids' happenings, Snodgrass adventures and the huge move we just did to Colorado.  There were two big transitions in August - Eliana started middle school and Drew flew the coop.  I cried almost the whole first day he was gone, listening to Brandi Carlile and sobbing for the little boy that will change so much this first year.  When I went to pick him up at school, I asked, "How was your first day? Did you make any new friends?" His response was, "Mom, all the kids were annoying. So I went on the swings."  I responded, "I think it's really important you have friends that are your age (5 years old)."  What a hilarious kid!  He's so used to being with his older bro and sis's friends that he's adjusting to kids his own age. 

The other amazing thing to watch was the first day Ethan and Drew went to school together. Since Drew had the first day off, he went the second day with Ethan. Ethan helped us walk Drew to his classroom and unprompted, gave him a huge hug. Drew walked through that Kindergarten door (Mrs. Smith) and never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment