Wednesday, January 26, 2011

11 Months

I was just looking at my pregnancy journal and was reading what we were doing a year ago. There was a lot going on....

This time last year we had traveled back to Colorado for my Grandma Gertie's funeral. She passed away the day after Nate's birthday and about a month before Eliana was born. She was an incredible lady and I was so sad that Eliana would not meet her. But, I do remember how much we could talk about the upcoming birth of our then 'boy or girl' and how much light it gave everyone at the time. The true cycle of life. Anyway, last week when we were in Colorado my Dad and I were talking how much Grandma Dahlgren would have loved to meet Eliana and watch her. One of the greatest moments Nate and I have had as parents has been watching our parents play with her and see the 'child' in them come back out. Although my Grandma didn't meet Elle Belle we are so lucky to have had her in our life for so long and to have been enriched by such an amazing soul. We sure do miss you, Grandma, but I know you're up there enjoying your time with Grandpa.

Also in my journal I noticed how many meals and dates Nate and I were sharing. We were definitely taking advantage of still being BC (before child) and it's fun to remember all that we were doing in preparation.

Well, now our little pumpkin is 11 months old. Her new tricks are: *using the baby walker, *cruising from object to object, *playing the guitar, *emptying the dishwasher, *sorting clothes, *climbing stairs and *learning how to push Mom and Dad's limits (i.e. blowing bubbles while eating, playing Dad's guitar and rocking the rocking chair into the fireplace).

She explores, enjoys and laughs. She still loves to read, take baths, swing, be outside and always has a huge smile when Dad gets home fro work. We are lucky to have you in our lives, Elle Belle! We love you.

















Thanks for my new walker, Grandma and Grandpa! It survived the trip back from Colorado.



Up, up, up!



Nor sure what happened here, but she's not too happy



First passport; all ready for an adventure, Mom and Dad!






Getting good at this sippy cup thing






Tired (rubbing the ear) and teething (fishhook)



Daddy dressed me for church









Miss Rosy Cheeks



Spaghetti!!







Helping Mom unload the dishwasher....oops! Those aren't clean dishes...



2 comments:

  1. she's beautiful! hope we get to meet her again someday soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 months already! Oh my! Looking so sweet and happy and...toddler-like! So sorry to hear about the ear infection. Hope she's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete