Monday, June 27, 2011

Putting things away...and other firsts

Last week, I was trying to make dinner and entertain Eliana. She is so interested in what I'm doing; I wish I could safely put her on the counter to watch me cook. Anyway, I try to think of fun games she can do near me in the kitchen while I cook. She usually starts by taking out all her bibs and towels from the bottom drawer in the kitchen. I said, "Eliana, can you please put your bibs back in the drawer?" And, she did it! So fun. She was so proud of herself and I was, too.

In addition, this weekend I went to play in Hoopfest in Spokane, WA. It's a huge 3-on-3 basketball tournament. Over 7,000 teams play and it's crazy and fun. So, Nate and Eliana had the whole weekend together, just the two of them in Seattle. This was the first time for the two of them to have a weekend together. Here's the run down of their weekend:
Saturday: breakfast out at the Dish, walking around at the Locks, nap, swimming at the outdoor pool in Magnolia, beer with the Schlameus' at the Barking Dog, basketball BBQ.
Sunday: skype with Nonna and Grandpa, running, park, nap, mission to buy a baby wading pool, swimming in the back yard, groceries at TJs and dinner made when I got home. You're amazing, Nate! The best feeling was pulling up to the house and watching Elle Belle walk up to me and give me a hug after the weekend away. Sure missed you, little one. Props to Nate for an amazing Daddy/daughter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment