Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grandma Dahlgren's visit

Nate was in New York last week, so my Mom came to help out. It was so nice to have her here and help with Eliana. One day we spent 'Unhappy hour' walking to the park with Eliana while she voiced her opinion....I'm sure some people thought, "What is that lady doing walking up a huge hill while she's wearing a crying baby?" But, we got some fresh air and Eliana ended up falling asleep.

The highlight was hitting up the Tulip Festival in Mt. Vernon. Eliana took a nice nap on the ride there and we got to walk around and enjoy the beautiful flowers. Not pictured below: Grandma and Mom doing a serious house cleaning while Eliana gets to share her first dusting experience with mom via the Ergo. Thanks, Grandma! We love and miss you!!

3 Generations


I love my Grandma


Mt. Vernon Tulip Festival















Thanks for the beautiful blanket, Sarah!

This is my serious face, "Mom, let's get walking already." Thanks, Rolf, what a beautiful hat!!



Out for a stroll, Grandma behind the wheel



The multi-tasker


This was Grandma's huge project while I was in labor and her and my dad were waiting in the waiting room for 6 hours. She had it framed and brought the finished product to Seattle. Thanks, Mom! It's so beautiful. Eliana loves it.

2 comments:

  1. Three beautiful ladies! And what lovely tulips! I particularly love the hat pic of Eliana. That serious face cracks me up! What a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen.....the cross stitch is beautiful....fond memories of watching you work on the task. Nonna Maria

    ReplyDelete